Whether it’s the holidays, a breakup, or just a bad day at work, we all need some time to relax and watch some good movies. So we’ve compiled a list of the best movies to watch on Netflix if you’re having a bad day.
If you’re having a bad day, we recommend watching these movies that are sure to cheer you up and make you feel better!
Netflix has a vast selection of movies, so there’s bound to be at least one that will bring you joy. If you’re having a bad day, try watching one of these films!
- “You’ve Got Mail” (1998) – Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks star as two business rivals who find themselves falling in love over email. This romantic comedy is sure to put a smile on your face!
- “My Big Fat Greek Wedding” (2002) – A young Greek woman falls for an American man whose family doesn’t approve of her because she isn’t Greek enough for them…but then again, neither are they! This movie is full of heart and humor, with plenty of scenes that will make anyone laugh out loud!
- “The Truman Show” (1998) – Jim Carrey stars as Truman Burbank, who finds out that his entire life has been televised by his best friend…and he’s being watched by everyone on earth!! A truly unique film about what happens when reality television goes too far…and it makes such good use of Jim Carrey’s comedic talents as well!
1. School of Rock
Starring Jack Black and directed by Richard Linklater, this movie is about a substitute teacher who forms a band with his students after they realize they have talent. It’s rated R for crude humor, but overall it’s an excellent movie that will make you laugh and feel good about the world again.
2. Love Actually
- Love Actually is a movie that can’t be missed. It’s about the story of eight people whose lives intersect over the course of one Christmas season in London. In this film, you will meet Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes from The Walking Dead) who plays a man named Sam, and Keira Knightley who plays Juliette Binoche’s (from Ocean’s Twelve) husband Mark. But if we’re being honest, our favorite part of the movie is Andrew Lincoln cuddling with his wife on their couch as he reads her bedtime stories from her childhood book series…
I’m not sure what it says about me that I would choose any movie with Keira Knightley in it over The Walking Dead but there it is!
3. Pitch Perfect
Pitch Perfect is a comedy about a cappella groups. It’s also one of the best movies you can watch with friends. Everyone loves this movie for its humor and heart, but if you’re feeling down, it will lift your spirits right up again.
Pitch Perfect follows Beca (Anna Kendrick), a freshman at Barden University who joins an all-girl singing group called The Bellas when her friend Fat Amy (Rebel Wilson) needs help recruiting new members. The Bellas are on their way to becoming national champions when they find themselves pitted against another all-female group—the Treblemakers—in an epic battle of the bands!
4. Mean Girls
This is a 2004 film and it’s definitely one of the most quotable movies out there. In fact, in my office, we have a projection screen that our CEO uses as his computer monitor and every day when he gets into work at 8am (he’s a morning person) he turns on Mean Girls and starts singing along to it. The movie stars Lindsay Lohan as Cady Heron who moves from Africa to America where she must learn how to navigate high school life with her new group of friends: the Plastics. It follows their antics as they try to outdo each other at every turn while failing miserably at everything else they do! This is one of those feel good movies because even though Cady gets bullied by The Plastics for most of the film, she eventually wins them over when she gives them advice about how not everyone is going to like you all the time.
This movie also has comedic gold moments that make it impossible not to laugh out loud such as when Regina George (Rachel McAdams) tells her boyfriend Aaron Samuels (Jonathan Bennett) that “the world moves too fast,” which causes him to respond “yeah…I know” before walking away from her without saying goodbye or anything else for that matter!
5. The Princess Bride
It’s a great movie, it’s an old classic, and it makes you feel good. It also makes you laugh and is a feel-good movie!
6. Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
If you’re in need of an action, adventure, and comedy that will make you feel the most alive (while also making your heart soar), look no further than Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. This film stars Michael Cera as a lovable loser who must defeat his exes in order to date his new love interest Ramona Flowers (Mary Elizabeth Winstead). There’s plenty of tongue-in-cheek humor and satisfying fight scenes to keep you entertained throughout this film—and if you don’t believe me just watch it!
7. Nacho Libre
This 2006 comedy starring Jack Black and Mexican comedian-actor Héctor Jiménez is about a man who leaves the priesthood to become a wrestler in order to pay for medical care for his sick sister. It’s rated PG-13, and it’s also got some musical numbers thrown into the mix! If you need a laugh to brighten your mood while watching Netflix with your friends or family, this movie is sure to do just that!
8. The Sandlot
The Sandlot is a classic film. It’s funny, it’s feel-good and it has a great sense of nostalgia. If you’re looking for something to watch with the family or friends, this is the perfect choice. You can also watch it with your significant other if you want to get them in the mood for romance (but don’t forget to put out afterward).
9. Howl’s Moving Castle
Howl’s Moving Castle is an animated film based on the novel by Diana Wynne Jones. In it, a young girl named Sophie encounters a wizard called Howl who turns her into an old woman with a curse. The film follows Sophie as she tries to break the curse and return to her original form.
It’s easy to see why this movie would be appealing for someone who wants something light-hearted, but there are some darker elements at play here too: Sophie has lost her family due to war and has been living alone since then; Howl is hiding from his own past crimes; and there are moments where characters consider suicide or being eaten by monsters (which also happen in real life). So don’t think you’re going into this movie feeling down? Think again!
Shrek is an animated film about a green ogre who falls in love with a princess, and it’s become one of those modern classics that most people have either seen or will know the story of. It’s also a great family film, with jokes for adults and children alike—so if you’re looking for something not too heavy but still entertaining, this is your go-to pick!
Here are some great movies to watch Netflix!
If you’re feeling low, here are some great movies to watch on Netflix.
- The Princess Diaries (2001) – This is a classic feel-good movie that will make you smile and cheer for Mia’s successes in life. It has a lot of heart and some great comedic moments as well. It’s also family friendly, so it’s worth watching with your parents or young siblings if they’re around!
- Zootopia (2016) – This animated film is great for all ages, though younger audiences may not understand some of the more adult themes it explores later on in its plot. But that doesn’t matter because this movie has enough laughs, action sequences and drama to keep everyone entertained throughout!
- Little Man (2006) – If you’re looking for something funny but not as flashy as “Zootopia”, then try “Little Man”! Don’t let its title fool you: there are plenty of laughs here despite its serious subject matter being about a tiny white kid who gets lost in Harlem while his father tries desperately to find him before nightfall strikes again…and again…and again!
Well, that’s our list! We hope this article has given you some inspiration and helped to make your day a little bit brighter. If it did, then we have succeeded in our mission: to help people feel better when they’re having a bad time. And if not, well… at least we gave you some great movie suggestions for when one does come along!